Lifestyle Awards 2013
Wellness & Relationship
Delhi Couture Week- Day 3
My journey from Cannes to LA
Delhi Couture Week- Day 5
Delhi Couture Week - Day 1
Five years of Fashion Frenzy
A super hectic day and a spectacular show in Paris
Ambika's shopping guide to Lebanon
From Paris to Cannes
Devotee of Lord Krishna - Srishti Mittal
Ambika's guide on Dressing up for Wedding
Deesha: A strong girl with a stronger spouse…
Russian beauty Elena
Bold and beautiful bride Shruti
Delhi Couture Week - Day 2
Delhi Couture Week- Day 4
A weekend getaway to Udaipur
Style high, style ho
Sun, sand and hi style in Goa
A salute to our bride Farah
Radiant bride Harveen Kaur
Modern Indian bride Maanya Kohli
South Indian bride Anushika Babu
Posted By: Ambika Anand
Day 3 at Delhi Couture Week started with Anju Modi's collection. Inspired by Bengali Literature, it was christened Devi.
Anju Modi, started her label in the 1980’s and today her brand is synonymous with weaving, vegetable dyeing, block printing and old traditional embroidery. On the runway, one saw the traditional craftsmanship of Chanderi Weaving, Kota Fabrics, Varanasi Zari work and Bandhani, on a wide array of fabrics like Tussar, Dupion and Dhakai Muslin. Her clothes have an organic feel. She introduced tradition and simplicity into the realm of wedding clothing where the power of textile overtook the power of embroidery. The show ended with Madhuri Dixit livening up the ramp in the designer's creations, adorning her signature smile. Audience reaction proved that even after all these years, her smile still spells magic and her aura is intact.
The collection provided some suitable option for the guest at a wedding:
- White lehenga with a red dupatta tied on the waist like a cape. The lehengas had a white base and a cover of a white traditional fabric giving the entire outfit a fresh look for the day.
- There were multi layered lehengas on display, the colour palette was predominantly white and red...
- A stylish option for the guest at a wedding was a brocade lehenga with a kurta and a fitted jacket
- The Anarkali in white worn by model Sapna Kumar was the celebration of the peacock, with the bird embroidered on the top and the fabric at the bottom was beautifully woven.
- The outfit in black work by Noyonika Chatterjee also displayed a wise and understated combination of fabrics and embroidery.
The second show for the day was by Manish Arora. His designs have been sported by a host of celebrities including MIA, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. He was the creative Director for the French Fashion House Paco Rabanne in 2011 for two seasons. At this year’s Delhi Couture Week, his set was magnificent and his show was watched by many, as the designer showcased in India after a few seasons.
The Manish Arora show at Delhi Couture week had something for everyone, except a bride!
- Trouser suits with oodles of chains, pencil skirts and draped skirts, some of the embellishments included lips with a 3d cigarette.
- There were many dreamy yet modern fashion options. Fur skirt with satin tops, well-engineered dresses with a dash of feathers or fun flirty dress, with a flirtation with fur and clothes with 3D metallic detailing in sync with an artist.
One aspect of the show that would make every woman want to exchange gold for a piece of fashion were the shoes.Some of the shoes were made by Manish Arora himself and others were created with an association with Christian Louboutin. Now that Manish Arora's press release clearly states that he is ' an Indian designer based in Paris' - all we can say is welcome home Manish!
Delhi Couture Week- Day 1
Delhi Couture Week- Day 2
© Copyright NDTV Convergence Limited 2013. All rights reserved.